About the Local Offer
Essex Local Offer (Extract from www.essexlocaloffer.org.uk)
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is published as part of the SEND reforms under the Children and Families Act 2014 and will be developed over time, with all partners involved in reviewing it.
The Local Offer will:
- Give you information about education, health and care services
- Give you information about leisure activities and support groups
- Hold all the information in one place
- Be clear, comprehensive and accessible
- Make service provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations
- Be developed and reviewed with the service providers and service users
Who is it for?
The Local Offer is for:
- Children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
- Children and young people from birth to 25 years
- Their parents and carers
- Practitioners and professionals
- How will it help me?
The Local offer will:
- Make it easier to find out what you need to know
- Help you to be less dependent on other people or word of mouth
- Help you find the nearest and most suitable services
- Help you to ask the rights questions
- Help you to provide feedback about what is needed, raise concerns or make a complaint.
Additional SEN Resources